Servings: 32 pieces
Preheat oven to 350º F.
|1 1/2 cups||white sugar|
|2/3 cup||canola oil|
|2 tsps.||vanilla extract|
|2 2/3 cups||all-purpose flour|
|2 tsps.||baking powder|
|2 tsps.||baking soda|
|2 cups||boiling water|
- In a large bowl, beat sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla for 4 minutes.
- In another bowl, sift together, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add flour mixture alternately with boiling water to the sugar mixture.
- Beat well after each addition.
- Pour into an oiled and floured 9 x 13 pan.
- Bake 40 minutes or until the cake springs back to the touch.
- Yield: 32 pieces (118 calories and 4.5 g fat each)
NOTE: cut pieces smaller for fewer calories and less fat per piece
Do you have a heart healthy recipie that you would like to share? Send your recipies to firstname.lastname@example.org