|2||Butternut squash (about 1 3/4 pounds – total)|
Sweet onion, chopped
Vegetable or chicken broth (low sodium)
|1/4 c.||Green onions, thinly sliced|
Dry-roasted peanuts, chopped
- Pierce each squash with a fork.
- Microwave at high for 20 minutes or until tender. Cool.
- Cut each squash in half lengthwise. Discarding the seeds and membrane.
- Remove the pulp to use for the soup.
- In a heavy saucepan, heat the oil and add the ginger and the sweet onion. Sauté until the onion is soft and golden brown.
- Add the broth and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Using a wand blender, blend the soup (while in the pot). Taste for seasoning and adjust as needed – using ginger, pepper and only if necessary, salt.
- Top each of the 4 servings with a teaspoon each of the green onion, yogurt and peanuts.
Do you have a heart healthy recipie that you would like to share? Send your recipies to firstname.lastname@example.org