|2 tsp.||Olive oil|
|3 c.||Onion, chopped|
|1/4 c.||Chilli powder|
|1 1/2 tsp.||Dried oregano|
|1 1/2 tsp.||Ground cumin|
|3||Garlic cloves, minced|
|3 c.||Chicken stock, low sodium|
|1-15 oz. can||Kidney beans, drained & rinsed|
|1-15 oz. can||Black beans, drained & rinsed|
|1-19 oz. can||Diced tomatoes, NOT drained|
|2 lb.||Roasted chicken breast, diced|
|1/2 c.||Low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded|
|1/2 c.||Low-fat yogurt|
- Heat oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Add onion; saute 5 minutes – until golden brown.
- Add chili powder and next 4 ingredients (powder through garlic); saute 30 seconds.
- Add chicken stock, beans, and tomatoes – bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, simmer 30 minutes.
- Stir in chicken, simmer 15 minutes.
- Serve with cheese and yogurt on the side as a garnish.
Recipes From Our Resident Expert, Marsha Rosen, RD
Here are some heart healthy recipes provided by Marsha Rosen, RD (Registered Dietitian).
Do you have a heart healthy recipe that you would like to share? Send your recipes to firstname.lastname@example.org