Healthline is a great website that has a list of interesting facts on all kinds of subjects. Of course, we think the most interesting list is the Heart Facts. Here’s just a sample of the cool things we’ve learned:
- The average heart is the size of a fist in an adult.
- Your heart will beat about 115,000 times each day.
- Your heart pumps about 2,000 gallons of blood every day.
- An electrical system controls the rhythm of your heart. It’s called the cardiac conduction system.
- The heart can continue beating even when it’s disconnected from the body.
- The giraffe has a lopsided heart, with their left ventricle being thicker than the right. This is because the left side has to get blood up the giraffe’s long neck to reach their brain.
- A woman’s heart beats slightly faster than a man’s heart.
- Death from a broken heart, or broken heart syndrome, is possible but extremely rare.
- The fairy fly, which is a kind of wasp, has the smallest heart of any living creature
- If you were to stretch out your blood vessel system, it would extend over 60,000 miles.
Visit https://www.healthline.com/health/fun-facts-about-the-heart#2 for more interesting heart facts!