At The Mikey Network, we understand how important privacy is to you and your family, which is why we are committed to creating a safe and secure environment that family members of all ages can enjoy. As a not-for-profit public institution, our goal is to collect only the information about our users and their use of our services that will help us provide the best online experience possible and implement The Mikey Network’s mission.
Collection of Information
To sign up for the Mikey Young at Heart Program, you must be 13 years of age or older to participate OR you must submit in writing a signed letter from a parent or guardian to:
The Mikey Network
245 Yorkland Blvd.
C/O Miriam Lash
You may then be granted access upon receipt of written permission.
We endeavour to obtain a parent or legal guardian's consent before collecting, using, or disclosing personal information from children under the age of 13. Parents or legal guardians may contact us to ask if we have collected their child's personal account information, to review that information, if any, and request that The Mikey Network stop collecting this information and have it deleted. Such requests are subject to The Mikey Network verifying to our satisfaction that the requester is in fact the child's parent or legal guardian.
You may be prompted to provide for some or all of the following types of information in order to register, access various content or features, submit photos and other content, directly contact us with questions or feedback, or access other features of the Services:
- Contact information, such as name or e-mail address
- User name and password
- Geolocation information
- Other information, such as school, city, province and postal code
- Communications preferences
- Search queries
- Comments and other information posted through interactive online features
- Correspondence you send to us
DELETING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Any Personal Identifiable Information (PII) stored within our Mikey Network systems can be deleted or obtained by sending an email to:firstname.lastname@example.org, providing your name and email address. The request will include the removal of your entire user account including course history, and personal information including name and email address from all of our internal systems.
Some of the Services may allow you to enter text and information in open fields, such as comment sections, and message boards. If you choose to participate in these public areas of the Services, please be aware that any information submitted through these areas is public. Please use caution in disclosing personal information in these areas. Although we moderate public forums to keep their content appropriate for the forum's intended audience, we are not responsible for the information you submit in these open forums and public areas or for other user's actions with respect to that information.
Use of Information
We generally use the information that we collect about you to:
- Fulfill your requests for services and information
- Enable you to participate in interactive features, such as educational courses and comment fields
- Display content and information that you may be interested in
- Customize the content displayed when you use the Services
- Analyze use of the Services to understand and improve our service offerings, such as determining which pages are most popular, which browsers are most used, how long users spend on the Services, and which websites they come from
- Otherwise support the internal operations of the Services
- For any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect the information or pursuant to your consent
Disclosure of Information
We may share information that is collected from you or your child in the following circumstances:
- Authorized third-party service providers. We may share information with our third-party service providers to help us fulfill requests and perform various functions necessary to our educational mission, including usage analytics, data processing, and account management. For example, our service providers may provide to us and analyze on our behalf usage information so that we can identify which of our services are most popular and how they can be improved.
- Legal purposes. We may disclose information to respond to subpoenas, court orders, legal process, law enforcement requests, legal claims or government inquiries, and to protect and defend the rights, interests, property, safety, and security of The Mikey Network, users, or the public.
- With your consent. We otherwise may share your or your child's information with your consent.
We use these technologies, for example, to help us recognize your browser as a previous user and save and remember any preferences that may have been set; to help us customize the content shown while you use the Services; to provide you with content customized to your interests and to understand whether users read e-mail messages and click on links contained within those messages so that we can deliver relevant content and offers; and to help measure and research the effectiveness of our Services, interactive online content, features, and other communications.
We may allow third parties to place and read their own cookies, web beacons, and similar technologies to collect information through the Services. For example, our third-party service providers may use these technologies to collect information that helps us with traffic measurement, research, and analytics.
You may be able to refuse or disable cookies by adjusting your web browser settings. Because each web browser is different, please consult the instructions provided by your web browser (typically in the "help" section). Please note that you may need to take additional steps to refuse or disable Local Shared Objects and similar technologies. For example, Local Shared Objects may be controlled through the instructions on Adobe's Setting Manager page. If you choose to refuse, disable, or delete these technologies, some of the functionality of our site may no longer be available to you.
Protection of Information
We are committed to protecting your information. We have adopted reasonable technical, administrative, and physical procedures to help protect this information from loss, misuse, and alteration. Please note that no data transmission or storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. We want you to feel confident while using the Services but we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us.
Third-Party Services, Content, and External Links
If you access third-party services, such as Facebook, Google, or Twitter, through the Services to share information about your experience on the Services with your friends and other connections, we may collect information about you from those services. In addition, those third-party services may be able to collect information about you, including information about your activity on the Services, and they may notify your connections about your use of the Services, in accordance with their own privacy policies.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this policy, please contact us:
The Mikey Network
245 Yorkland Blvd. Suite 100
Updated December 7, 2023