|4 – 10”||Whole wheat tortillas|
|8 – 12||Leaf lettuce leaves, green or|
|8 oz.||Turkey breast, cooked, sliced thin|
|1-2||Ripe tomatoes, cut into 16 wedges|
|1||Ripe avocado, cut into 16 slices and tossed with 2 tsp.|
|Squeeze of lemon juice|
|Salt & pepper to taste|
|1 cup||Shredded romaine or arugula|
|1/2 cup||Low-fat Ranch dressing|
- Wrap tortillas in barely damp, doubled layers of paper towels. Microwave on high for 45 to 60 seconds. Alternatively, heat tortillas individually in an ungreased large skillet over medium heat.
- Lay tortillas on a cutting board and layer ingredients.
- Fan the leaf lettuce on the top three-quarters of each tortilla, then lay the turkey slices on top, followed by tomato and avocado.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Top with the romaine or arugula and some of the dressing.
- Fold up the bottom quarter of the tortilla; roll each sandwich into a cone shape.
- Secure the tortilla with a toothpick. Serve immediately.
Recipes From Our Resident Expert, Marsha Rosen, RD
Here are some heart healthy recipes provided by Marsha Rosen, RD (Registered Dietitian). Marsha is Mike Salem’s sister and in addition to offering private nutrition counselling, Marsha provides group lectures, seminars and cooking demonstrations, and is a sought-after contributor to health-related publications.
If you have nutrition question for our dietician, you can email Marsha here…
Do you have a heart healthy recipe that you would like to share? Send your recipes to email@example.com