Number of servings: 4
|2 tsp.||Vegetable oil|
|1||Sweet onion, finely chopped|
|1 clove||Garlic, minced|
|1 tsp.||Dried dill weed|
|1||Potato, peeled, cut into ½ inch cubes|
|1 ½ cups||Corn kernels, fresh or frozen (thawed)|
|¼ cup||All-purpose flour|
|2 cups||1% Milk|
|1 lb||Raw medium size shrimp, shell off|
|1 tsp.||Lemon zest, grated|
|3 tbsp.||Lemon juice, fresh squeezed|
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium heat.
- Sautḗ onion, garlic and dill weed for about 5 minutes or until the onions are softened.
- Stir in potatoes, corn and water; bring to a boil over high heat.
- Cover, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until the potatoes are almost tender.
- Increase heat to medium.
- Whisk flour into the milk and gradually stir this into the pot. Stir gently.
- Stir in shrimp. Simmer, uncovered and stirring gently but often for about 5 minutes – until the shrimp are firm and pink and the soup has thickened. – do not let this boil.
- Stir in lemon zest and juice.
- Season with pepper, to taste.
Recipes From Our Resident Expert, Marsha Rosen, RD
Here are some heart-healthy recipes provided by Marsha Rosen, RD (Registered Dietitian).
Do you have a heart-healthy recipe that you would like to share? Send your recipes to firstname.lastname@example.org