Valentine’s Day is an event celebrated across the world, which exemplifies the day of love and romance. If you are planning on having your loved one(s) over for Valentine’s Day and you aren’t sure about what to make or buy, perhaps these easy yet fun ideas can help you! Express your love through these heart-healthy yet delicious snacks!
Photo Credits: https://binged.it/2Bxsc71
- A Pizza My Heart: There’s no better way to win over someone’s heart than to give them some thin-crust home-made pizza! Home-made pizza is definitely a healthier option! You can even cut out the dough into heart shapes!
Things you need:
- Option One: Whole-Wheat Dough
Option Two: Whole-grain tortilla. If you decide to go with this option, whole-grain tortillas are more personalized. Therefore, you can make one or two per person.
- Vegetables (optional)
- Turkey Pepperoni as a healthier choice, instead of beef or pork
- Pizza Sauce
What to do:
Oven: Preheat your oven to 450 degrees F. Place a pizza baking tray on the lowest rack of your oven.
For Vegetables: If you choose to use vegetables, put a little olive oil in a skillet and sauté them until the vegetables are tender.
Creating Your Pizza: This is the fun part in making your delicious creation! Place your pizza sauce, cheese, turkey pepperoni, and your tender vegetables onto your whole-wheat pizza dough or tortilla’s. Then place it in the oven, until the cheese is melted and your dough is golden-brown.
The only thing left to do is, eat!
Food Recipe: https://bit.ly/2I7oBT3
Photo Credit: https://binged.it/2SGxG9i
2.You’re one in a Melon: Fruits are a great source of nutrients and natural sugar. They are also a great way to open up your digestive tract and clean your pallet.
For this heart-healthy snack you can pick any fruit you like. Some options can include watermelon, cantaloupe, and pineapple. You will need three items:
- Your fruits of choice
- Popsicle or shortened skewer sticks
- Heart-Shaped Cookie Cutter
Take your heart-shaped cookie cutter and cut out heart shapes out of your fruits, then place the Popsicle or shortened skewer sticks in bottom of the fruit. This will give your snack a Popsicle effect, which is a great snack-serving idea.
Photo and Idea Credit : https://bit.ly/2GlMjJm
3.You are the Jelly to my Peanut-butter(or Soy-Nut butter) Heart: YUM! What better way to say ‘I love you’ than with a peanut-butter/soy-nut butter and jelly heart shaped sandwich?
Things You Need:
- Peanut Butter/Soy-nut butter
- Jellies of your choice – Two options are strawberry or raspberry jam.
- Slice Bread (brown bread is a healthier option compared to white bread)
What to do:
- Cut your bread into a beautiful heart shape. After you do this, take one of the slices and cut out a heart shape within the bread.
- Spread your peanut butter/soy-nut butter and jelly of your choice on this delicious sandwich and serve!
There are many benefits to peanut-butter and jelly. Some of them include Vitamin E and fiber. This helps improve blood flow in your body.
We hope that these heart-healthy yet delicious treats are an easy way to say ‘I love you’ to your loved one(s) on Valentine’s Day. From us at The Mikey Network to you and yours, we wish you a Happy Valentine’s Day!