|4 tsp. / 20 ml||Dijon mustard|
|2||Whole-wheat English muffins, split and toasted|
|1 cup / 250 ml||Broccoli florets (small pieces)|
|1/5 cup / 50 ml||Onion, chopped|
|1/5 cup / 50 ml||Carrot, shredded|
|1/2 cup / 125 ml||Low-fat Mozzarella cheese, shredded|
- Preheat broiler
- Spread mustard over the cut side of each English muffin half.
- Arrange broccoli, bell pepper and carrots over the mustard.
- Sprinkle each half with cheese.
- Place the English muffin halves on the rack of a broiler pan or a cookie sheet.
- Broil about 4 inches / 10 cm from the heat.
- Broil for about 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese melts – watch closely.
Recipes From Our Resident Expert, Marsha Rosen, RD
Here are some heart healthy recipes provided by Marsha Rosen, RD (Registered Dietitian). Marsha is Mike Salem’s sister and in addition to offering private nutrition counselling, Marsha provides group lectures, seminars and cooking demonstrations, and is a sought-after contributor to health-related publications.
If you have nutrition question for our dietician, you can email Marsha here…
Do you have a heart healthy recipe that you would like to share? Send your recipes to firstname.lastname@example.org