Serves 4 – 6
|1||Lettuce iceberg or romaine, washed, well dried|
|4||potatoes boiled, cut into bite-size pieces|
|4||Green olives pitted, quartered|
|4||Black olives, pitted, quartered|
|2||Celery stalks sliced|
|1||can Tuna (or 7 oz. fresh tuna grilled – rare)|
|4||Roma tomatoes quartered|
|1/2 lb.||String beans parboiled|
|3||Eggs, hard boiled, quartered|
|2 tsp||2 tsp|
|6 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|2 Tbsp||Lemon juice|
|1 Tbsp||Fresh basil|
|1 Tbsp||Fresh parsley|
- Tear lettuce into bite-size pieces; line a salad bowl with it.
- Layer potatoes, tuna, celery, olives, tomatoes, beans and eggs.
- In a food processor or blender, blend anchovy paste and garlic.
- Add remaining ‘dressing’ ingredients, mix well.
- Taste dressing for seasoning before adding salt and pepper.
- Pour dressing over salad just before serving – toss gently.
- Salt and pepper to taste
Recipes From Our Resident Expert, Marsha Rosen, RD
Here are some heart healthy recipes provided by Marsha Rosen, RD (Registered Dietitian). Marsha is Mike Salem’s sister and in addition to offering private nutrition counselling, Marsha provides group lectures, seminars and cooking demonstrations, and is a sought-after contributor to health-related publications.
If you have nutrition question for our dietician, you can email Marsha here…
Do you have a heart healthy recipe that you would like to share? Send your recipes to email@example.com