|6||small sweet potatoes|
|2 tbsp||olive oil|
|1/2 – 3/4 tsp.||cumin, ground|
|Other seasons suggestions that could be used for a Cajun taste:|
Preheat oven to 400º F
- Lightly spray a foil lined cookie sheet with the vegetable spray.
- Peel, then cut each potato, lengthwise into 6 wedges.
- Place in a single layer on the cookie sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine the olive, oil, cumin, pepper and salt. Mix together, then pour over the potatoes. Toss the potatoes to coat them evenly with the mixture.
- Bake for 30 to 45 minutes until the potatoes are crispy on the outside but soft in the centre.
- Serve hot from the oven.
Recipes From Our Resident Expert, Marsha Rosen, RD
Here are some heart healthy recipes provided by Marsha Rosen, RD (Registered Dietitian). Marsha is Mike Salem’s sister and in addition to offering private nutrition counselling, Marsha provides group lectures, seminars and cooking demonstrations, and is a sought-after contributor to health-related publications.
If you have nutrition question for our dietician, you can email Marsha here…
Do you have a heart healthy recipe that you would like to share? Send your recipes to firstname.lastname@example.org