Serves 6 to 8
|1||meduim onion, chopped|
|1 tbsp||olive oil|
|1||clove of garlic, minced|
|3 to 4||medium zucchini, coarsely chopped|
|1||celery stalk, sliced|
|1||large carrot, coarsely chopped|
|8 cups||chicken broth or vegetable broth|
|2 cups||boiling water|
- In a soup pot, sauté onion in oil unitl soft and golden.
- Add remaining vegetables and sauté for about 10 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and seasoning and brin gto a boil.
- Simmer, uncovered, 30 to 45 minutes.
- Cool slightly and purée using a blender or blender wand. Taste for seasoning. Freezes well. Garnish with croutons or zucchini slivers.
Recipes From Our Resident Expert, Marsha Rosen, RD
Here are some heart healthy recipes provided by Marsha Rosen, RD (Registered Dietitian). Marsha is Mike Salem’s sister and in addition to offering private nutrition counselling, Marsha provides group lectures, seminars and cooking demonstrations, and is a sought-after contributor to health-related publications.
If you have nutrition question for our dietician, you can email Marsha here…
Do you have a heart healthy recipe that you would like to share? Send your recipes to email@example.com