Number of servings: 4-6
|2 tbsp.||Rice vinegar|
|1 tbsp.||Dijon mustard|
|1 tbsp.||Fresh parsley, minced|
|2 tsp.||Canola oil|
|1 clove||Garlic, minced|
|¼ tsp.||Ground pepper|
|1 lb||Boneless, skinless chicken breasts|
- Cut the chicken breasts into 3-4 strips each – depending on how large they are.
- In a medium bowl, mix together – vinegar, mustard, parsley, oil, garlic and pepper.
- Pour this over the chicken strips, mix well to coat evenly.
- Let stand 10 minutes, or cover and refrigerate up to 24 hours.
- Heat the grill or BBQ to medium-high heat.
- Place the marinated chicken strips on the greased grill/BBQ for about 5 minutes each side. Turn once or twice and check the temperature to make sure it has reached 165⁰ F.
NOTE: These can be used with vegetables and rice or potatoes or, in a sub bun with garnishes, or cut into a salad. It’s always handy to have these on hand but keep them covered and refrigerated for no longer than 3 days.
Recipes From Our Resident Expert, Marsha Rosen, RD
Here are some heart-healthy recipes provided by Marsha Rosen, RD (Registered Dietitian). Marsha is Mike Salem’s sister and in addition to offering private nutrition counselling, Marsha provides group lectures, seminars and cooking demonstrations, and is a sought-after contributor to health-related publications.
If you have a nutrition question for our dietician, you can email Marsha here…
Do you have a heart-healthy recipe that you would like to share? Send your recipes to firstname.lastname@example.org