https://i0.wp.com/mikeynetwork.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/04/the-5th-jkDLNDGougw-unsplash-1.jpg?fit=1000%2C667&ssl=1 667 1000 The Mikey Network https://mikeynetwork.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/11/mikey-logo.jpg The Mikey Network2023-04-27 16:00:042023-04-27 16:00:30Here are some tips for heart-healthy living
Here are some tips for heart-healthy living
- DO NOT SMOKE: if you have never smoked, don’t start. If you do smoke, quit. You will increase your life by 5 years for every year you are smoke free.
- Enjoy a balanced, nutritious diet. Limit fat intake to between 15% and 30% of your total number of daily calories.
- Exercise regularly, 20 minutes 3-4 times per week, or a minimum of a brisk walk daily.
- Moderate your intake of alcohol. Guidelines by Health Canada suggest limits of two drinks per day…either 12 oz. Beer, or 5 oz. Wine or 1.5 oz. Spirits.
- Limit your intake of salt and caffeine. (No more than the equivalent of four regular cups of coffee per day.)
- Try to get 8 hours of sleep each night.
- Have regular check-ups with your physician. Early detection is the key to a successful solution.
- Keep a positive attitude and wear a smile… it takes only 22 muscles to smile, but 37 to frown.
- Make time for leisure activities such as reading, hobbies, sports, TV etc.
- Invest in CPR and AED education and training, and encourage your family and friends to do the same.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!