- Limit your intake of salt and caffeine. (No more than the equivalent of four regular cups of coffee per day.)
- Try to get 8 hours of sleep each night.
- Have regular check-ups with your physician. Early detection is the key to a successful solution.
- Keep a positive attitude and wear a smile… it takes only 22 muscles to smile, but 37 to frown.
- Make time for leisure activities such as reading, hobbies, sports, TV etc.
- Invest in CPR and AED education and training, and encourage your family and friends to do the same.
Eating healthy on a regular basis is extremely important for good heart health and overall, health. Therefore, WebMD published a great article on 21 different types of food that are beneficial to your heart.
Adding this to your food, instead of salt will not only add flavour but it will eliminate your salt and fat intake.
Beans have so many heart-healthy nutrients. Beans can lower blood pressure, and the fiber in them can help control cholesterol and blood sugar levels.
Salmon: Super Food
Salmon is a super-food that is rich in omega-3s. Omega 3’s are healthy fats that can lessen the risk of heart disorders.
This oil is a healthy fat, which is rich in heart-healthy antioxidants, and they may protect your blood vessels.
A small handful of walnuts a day may lower your cholesterol and protect against inflammation.
Check out more at WebMD.
Yum! One of the healthiest trends this year is overnight oats. Its easy and packed with delicious nutrients and protein to energize you throughout the busy day.
Let’s face it, most of us don’t have a lot of time during the week to indulge in a healthy breakfast or snack but this will save you a bunch of time. Best part? You can make it however you like with all of your favourite toppings. Here’s how:
- Quarter Cup Quaker Oats (or any you prefer). Try to not buy quick oats.
- Honey or any sweetener of your choice
- Quarter cup of milk, creamer, Almond milk, Oat milk or any milk of your choice! My recommendation: Ensure the milk is above the line of the oats (add as much as you like, its up to you!)
- A spoon or two of vanilla Greek Yoghurt or any yoghurt of your choice to add a little more flavour!
- Peanut Butter, Vegan Peanut Butter or Nutella
- Fruits of your choice
- Any other toppings you prefer! We also love chocolate chips.
Step 1: Add your oats, milk, yoghurt, and honey to your jar and stir until it has a smooth consistency and cover
Step 2: Leave it overnight or longer than 2-3 hours
Step 3: Add your peanut butter or Nutella and your toppings of choice such as, fruits, chocolate chips, granola, and more!
Step 4: Enjoy this packed protein jar!
Eating Well, is a great source that informs you on ways that you can eat well on a daily basis. They have shared their top 10 super-foods that anyone can eat on a daily basis!
Berries are a great source of fiber. Essentially, fiber keeps your digestive system and heart healthy.
Eggs are very nutritious. Not only do they have protein and give you the energy you need, but they also keep your eyes healthy.
3. Sweet Potatoes:
Yum! Sweet Potatoes keep your eyes, bones, and immune system healthy.
To check-out the rest of the Superfoods by Eating well, go to: http://www.eatingwell.com/article/290550/10-everyday-superfoods/
There are plenty of Superfoods that you can eat everyday, to protect your heart-health and overall health. It only takes a few minutes to prepare for a lifetime of good health.